Adventure Is Out There!

Ideally, this post would be chock-full of inspirational quotes.

...

At any rate, I bid my native land a temporary farewell!  Tomorrow morning, I and my travelling buddies depart for Chicago, whence we shall wing our way to the Eternal City.

I've had mixed feelings all week - stress, fear, sadness, excitement, et cetera.  Truly, this trip is a wonderful gift.  It's a blessing to be able to travel to such a wonderful place in these circumstances.  While the semester will be tough, just being so far away from family, friends and boyfriend, it will also be a chance to spread my wings and explore.  Not too far, because I will come back.  Just far enough.

This blog will turn into a travel journal for the next three months - I promise to post as much as is humanly possible.  For pictures, however, my travelling buddies and I have set up a Shutterfly site for everybody.  Look at operationeternity.shutterfly.com!

In the mean time, please pray for me and my friends as we depart for bella Roma.  We ask Our Lady of the Highways, St. Christopher, St. Raphael, and our guardian angels for travelling protection.  Below is part of an ancient set of prayers known as the Itinerary, which my family always prays when beginning a trip.
In the way of peace and prosperity may the Lord, the almighty and merciful, direct our steps.  And may the archangel Raphael accompany us on the way, that we may return to our home in peace, safety, and joy.

O God, Who madest the sons of Israel to walk with dry feet through the midst of the sea, and Who didst open to the three Magi, by the guiding of a star, the way that led to Thee; grant to us, we beseech Thee, a prosperous journey, and a time of tranquillity, that, attended by Thy holy angel, we may happily arrive at that place whither we are journeying, and finally at the haven of eternal salvation.

Give ear, O Lord, we beseech Thee, to our supplications, and dispose the way of Thy servants in the blessedness of Thy salvation, that amidst all the various changes of this our life and pilgrimage we may ever be protected by Thy help.

Vouchsafe to Thy people, we beseech Thee, almighty God, that they may walk onward in the way of salvation, and, by following the exhortations of the blessed forerunner, John, may come safe to the presence of Him Whom he preached, Jesus Christ Thy Son our Lord, Who liveth and reigneth with Thee, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God forever and ever.  Amen.

Comments