Pomegranate Margaritas

Hi y'all!  Thought I'd share another recipe over here, although I'm not quite as good in the kitchen as my lovely roommate over at Starving Inspired.

If you've met me, you may know that I'm not fond of either wine or beer; I hate the taste of alcohol, so I'll only drink something that cuts the alcohol burn with a strong flavor.  Hence, my propensity for hard ciders and margaritas, which are about the only drinks that don't remind me of cough syrup.

A near escape from tipsiness with a glass of rum punch has entrenched my resolution to keep tight control of my alcohol consumption.  I hate feeling like I'm not in control!  With careful parameters, though, I do enjoy the occasional drink with friends.  When I visited Christendom recently, a girlfriend and I made a late-night Walmart run before heading back to her house.  Besides getting myself food for the weekend, we also grabbed ingredients for homemade margaritas.  The recipe turned out to be delightfully simple and tasty:
  • 16 oz of POM pomegranate juice
  • 1 can frozen limeade concentrate
  • 2 to 2 1/2 cups tequila (we used silver)
  • Limes for garnish
  • Sugar or salt for glass rims
Empty the limeade concentrate into a large pitcher.  Add 2 1/2 cans of cold water.
Add 16-20 ounces (your preference) of tequila.  Add POM juice, and a couple lime wedges and ice to fill.
Mix thoroughly.  Place the pitcher, covered, in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Serve in sugar/salt-rimmed glasses, over ice, garnished with lime if desired.
Plus chips and guacamole, G and I had a lovely girl's night with these drinks!  We were quite proud of ourselves for managing the salt rims.

There are many similar recipes floating around the interwebs; some add Triple-Sec, others use fresh lime juice instead of the frozen concentrate.  One of these days I'll have to try this frozen.

Salute!  Cin cin!

Comments