Pre-College Wrap-up

Here's a bit of a scrapbook post!

Last week Friday:  I finally got my Indiana driver's license.  Yes, I know it's four years later than most young people, but that's the way it is.  After much struggle, I can check that off my bucket list!

Last weekend:  My parents and I spent a lovely, relaxing weekend at a campground in northwestern Ohio.  We took our little RV and had gorgeous weather.  It was great to be able to have some quiet time with my parents before heading back to school.  We also visited the National Shrine and Basilica of Our Lady of Consolation in Carey, Ohio!  That pilgrimage was made even more epic by the fact that my boyfriend's family met us for the day!  Mrs. G. has pictures on her blog, here.  I lit candles for several special intentions.  That shrine is probably one of my favorite churches in the U.S.  It is so beautiful, and the reality of the miraculous is so clear and vividly seen, in the devotion of the pilgrims, the vases and baskets full of petitions, the multiplicity of candles, and the stories told in the crutches and braces of past miracles.  We've been going since I was born or before, and I hope to make many trips in the future.

[caption id="attachment_1056" align="alignright" width="391"]2013081995171308 Madelyn and me outside the Carmel Clay Public Library. We were going to pose like the storks/cranes behind us but decided to behave for the picture.[/caption]

This Monday: I was able to meet up with a dear friend for a movie night!  Howl's Moving Castle and an episode of Doctor Who, with pizza and scones - you can't ask for much better than that.  I head back for my last day of work tomorrow, and then it's frantic packing before I head off to school on Friday.  If you don't hear much from me for a while, that's why!  In the mean time, God bless and keep you all!


 

 

Comments

  1. You should have posted a picture of you guys posing like the cranes. That would have been a vast deal more amusing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment