Anno Domini 2013

A new year has come again, as it does every three hundred sixty-five and one-quarter days, another cycle around the sun, another unit of life ahead.  And that most dreaded of things: New Year's Resolutions.  If I had the ability to write the word "resolution" in 'Chiller' font I would.  We dread them so much but we make them anyway!  And the reason is that hope springs eternal.  Man knows there is always a chance for redemption, always a chance to remake himself, to put off the old man.

So, in the spirit of things, I'll record here a few resolutions I've made.  Also, a few things I'm looking forward to in this coming year!

Resolved, firstly: To revive my old habit of reading Scripture and a spiritual book every day.

Resolved, secondly: To be a better Legionary and officer of the Legion of Mary.

Resolved, thirdly: To learn how to live for others and ignore myself, especially to set aside my own desires and preferences for those who need me.

Resolved, fourthly: To renew my resolution to attend daily Mass.

Resolved, fifthly: To receive the sacrament of confession at least once a month.

Resolved, sixthly: To lose weight.

Resolved, seventhly: To keep my sanity!  :)

I'll record tomorrow - since right now I'm exhausted - what all I'm looking forward to in this coming year!

Comments