Class of 2015

It seems like forever and yesterday that I started as a bright-eyed, naive little freshman at Christendom College.  After four years and a Bachelor of Arts in English Language and Literature, the world seems just about as scary as it did then, but I'm so much better prepared to deal with it.  I could go back and give a post-mortem of all the things I wish I'd done better, but likewise I can give you an even longer list of why I'm glad I went.  I even managed to graduate summa cum laude, thanks be to God!  My thesis was successfully concluded, I've made a myriad of "life-giving friends" (thanks, Dr. O'Donnell, for that perfect phrase!), I've grown spiritually, emotionally, and mentally, I've learned my strengths and my weaknesses, and I've received an amazingly intense and grace-filled education.

Many thanks are due to my parents.  They are responsible for getting me to Christendom in the first place (that's a story in itself) and have sacrificed time and money to make sure I could stay there.  I only hope I can return their investment in more ways than one.

I'm still in shock at the thought that these four years of fun, stress, tests, papers, Walmart runs, late-night conversations, lunches with professors, back-stage sewing, Disney Princess coloring pages, girls' night teas, movies, roommate time, daily Mass in the chapel, Commons food, walks in the wood, running barefoot in the rain, dances, Rome, blasting Irish and Disney while cleaning, freshman drama, flamingo fun, classes, and so much else, are over.  It took a great deal of effort to realize that my years at college are not meant to be an end in themselves, but are the means to a greater end: my salvation.  And what path I am meant to take from here to eternity, God alone knows.

Lord, give me courage, patience and trust that You will show me Your will for my life!  Thank you so very much for the blessings and love You have shown me over the past four years, and for the gift of my Christendom education.

11226180_10153031507209160_8289469796189356423_n_me

Comments