Finis

It is done!  I have officially turned in the final draft of my senior thesis: "A Wise and Understanding Heart: A Study of the Female Bildungsroman in Twentieth-Century American Children's Literature".  It's a grand total of 80 pages, including table of contents, bibliography, etc. - 74 pages of actual writing.  It's a strange feeling, finishing such a big project!  In retrospect, it really wasn't that bad.  Most of the time, I managed to balance out the thesis with the rest of my life, or at least I'm forgetting the panic in the glow of not caring any more. Rejoice and be glad, alleluia, because I am SO thankful it is over.  It's not perfect, but I think it's a decent piece of work.

Now it's on to the last few projects, and the final three weeks of my last semester of college.  Scary.  Between interviews and papers and finals, I'm thankful for Christ's words today in my daily meditation: "Be of good heart.  It is I.  Do not be afraid" (Matthew 14, 27).

Time to go hide in a corner and deal with the rest of life!  God keep you.

Comments