Pour Out Thy Heart

I ran across this quote from Lamentations 2 in the course of my spiritual reading this week.  I was struck especially by the last sentence, reflecting on the murder of one priest and the beating of another in Arizona last week.  When I read the verses again, it came to me also as a call for prayer in our times, for the spiritual starvation of the world and the cruelty of abortion.
Arise, give praise in the night, in the beginning of the watches: pour out thy heart like water, before the face of the Lord: lift up thy hands to Him for the life of thy little children, that have fainted for hunger in the streets.  Behold, O Lord, and consider what Thou has thus dealt with: shall women then eat their own fruit, their children of a span long?  Shall the priest and the prophet be slain in the sanctuary of the Lord?

Comments