Madelyn's Gift - Flower

[caption id="attachment_1728" align="alignnone" width="645"]Since it's my next to last night in Rome, and we were by the Spanish Steps, I took the opportunity to catch one of the last remaining adventure tags.  Almost all the vendors only have red roses, so I went with a white one just to be different. Since it's my next to last night in Rome, and we were by the Spanish Steps, I took the opportunity to catch one of the last remaining adventure tags. Almost all the vendors only have red roses, so I went with a white one just to be different.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1727" align="alignnone" width="645"]Not the best picture in the world - my camera does not do well in the dark - but here I am at the Spanish Steps with my rose. Not the best picture in the world - my camera does not do well in the dark - but here I am at the Spanish Steps with my rose.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1729" align="alignnone" width="645"]IMG_7845 Most every morning, as I walked to 7:30 Mass at Vatican Radio, I would see this image and greet Our Lady with a "Good morning!" as I passed.  She always has flowers in front of her, and so I took the opportunity to add mine as a farewell gift. (The ever-useful paparazzo was available with camera on quick-draw.  :D)  One of the things I will miss the most is seeing the little images of the Blessed Virgin on the street corner or high on a wall.  I love that she watches over everything, even if people don't notice her.[/caption]

DSCN5296

 

Comments