Midterm Data Dump

I know I haven't gotten the chance to post for a long time.  Life's been crazy these last few weeks, so I thought I would finally synthesize a bunch of pictures that I've taken or stolen from my mutually adopted little brother.

First off, the Legion of Mary has begun thriving this semester.  Thanks be to God and Our Lady, who have worked through me very thoroughly!  We've grown from a core of 8 remaining from last year's alumni departures, to 15 new members.  4 years ago, there were about 4 members, so I think we're making good progress.  The role of president is a tough one, but it's been much better than I'd originally expected it to be.  I know that all the progress we've made has not been me, but rather my surrendering myself as a tool to Our Mother's use.

[caption id="attachment_1159" align="aligncenter" width="652"]0910131132 At the club fair, the Legion of Mary table was front and center on the Commons stage![/caption]

 

[caption id="attachment_1163" align="aligncenter" width="652"]1005131609 We received some wonderful donations from various faculty and staff of the college, which have helped brighten a dark, dank basement to a slightly more cosy meeting area. Thanks be to God![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1161" align="aligncenter" width="391"]My random art experiment. My random art experiment.  Wood shavings on the picnic table outside.  This picture makes me happy.[/caption]

 

[caption id="attachment_1162" align="aligncenter" width="418"]One of my bestest friends, the adorable Liz!  I just had to post this picture - she looked so cute in this dress at Sunday Mass.  She's turning 20 next week.  Happy early birthday, Liz dear! One of my bestest friends, the adorable Liz! I just had to post this picture - she looked so cute in this dress at Sunday Mass. She's turning 20 next week. Happy early birthday, Liz dear![/caption]

At the beginning of October we enjoyed the annual Oktoberfest celebration!  This is always a fun evening, with wonderful food and much fun contra dancing afterwards.  SAC did a lovely job decorating this year, helped by the temperate, sunny day.

[caption id="attachment_1164" align="aligncenter" width="522"]1005131719 The Commons fountain and tables were set up for a hearty German supper.[/caption]

 

[caption id="attachment_1165" align="aligncenter" width="522"]1005131721 Dr. Rice and Gloria Connolly enjoying German beer. Dr. Rice is the heart behind the Oktoberfest celebrations. I must also congratulate myself on Gloria's stylish braids, since I managed to pin them such that they stayed up through an entire evening of dancing! For a girl with very little hair experience, this was a major accomplishment.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1166" align="aligncenter" width="391"]1005131724 Yours truly, Fraulein R.W., a little fuzzy.[/caption]

Spirit Week leads up to homecoming weekend.  Spirit Week also includes Dress-A-Freshman.  :D

[caption id="attachment_1168" align="aligncenter" width="391"]1008130959a Fairly self-explanatory. Ninja is courtesy of a couple of my friends.[/caption]

 

[caption id="attachment_1170" align="aligncenter" width="522"]1008131212a Three beautiful freshmen girls, dressed by friends of mine! There are many awesome freshmen this year.[/caption]

 

[caption id="attachment_1180" align="aligncenter" width="522"]Alex, as Swiss Guard Alex, as Swiss Guard[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1181" align="aligncenter" width="391"]2013100895144409 Miss Frizzle, courtesy of yours truly![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1182" align="aligncenter" width="522"]2013100895154357 The lovely Elinor and Marianne Dashwood, of Sense and Sensibility, courtesy of myself and my roomie.[/caption]

I'll post Homecoming and Parents' Weekend pictures soon.  For now I've just been trying to block out the worries of life by the abyss of the internet.  May God bless and keep you all!

 

 

 

 

Comments