Post-Procrastination Post!

Well, I will be the first to admit that I have neglected posting for weeks and weeks and weeks...mostly because Sophomore year is when the professors decide to throw as much homework at you as possible!  It's been one heck of a semester.  For some reason, not just has the reading/work load been more intense, but the entire semester has been rather a strain.  I think God decided to see how much I could handle.  Hopefully I've proved myself.

Lots of interesting things happening this semester.  Learning to lead Morning Prayer, Vespers and Compline; getting used to new professors and awesome but challenging classes; meeting the pope's personal theologian (another picture of that below!); discovering how awesome my roommate is and how much like my sister; hosting seniors for homecoming weekend; going through some of the worst and best days of my little life so far; getting to know new friends, adjusting to the loss of some old; helping another friend with managing her depression; taking a field trip to Philadelphia.

Speaking of the last, I have a couple of pictures of the exterior signs.  My theology professor took a couple dozen of us to the Franklin Institute in Philly to see an exhibit of the Dead Sea Scrolls!  Quite an awesome experience for this nerdy Catholic-history-literature addict!    Classes have been decent so far - they're all awesome and loads of fun, just managing the course work gets interesting.  I'm excited about my 8-10 page exegesis coming up for Old Testament.  I think I picked an awesome passage - Psalm 23, verses 7-10.  I'll include the Douay-Rheims translation below to finish up my random, rambling post.  More at some point this week, I'd like to get some actual writing done at some point in between homework.

Lift up your gates, O ye princes, and be ye lifted up, O eternal gates: and the King of Glory shall enter in.

Who is this King of Glory?  the Lord who is strong and mighty: the Lord mighty in battle.

Lift up your gates, O ye princes, and be ye lifted up, O eternal gates: and the King of the Glory shall enter in.

Who is this King of Glory?  the Lord of hosts, he is the King of Glory.

I love these lines.  They bring out the love of the regal in me, my devotion to Christ as King.  I love the idea of being a handmaid in the Lord's court, a feudal vassal, a maid to the Queen of Heaven.  A "Miles Christi" by confirmation!  There are several ways to interpret the passage above - the triumphal procession of a victorious ruler; the Ark entering Jerusalem, Christ at the Ascension.  It's going to be so much fun to explore all the Hebrew commentaries and the Church Fathers on this!

Enough for now, I'm highly incoherent.  God bless and keep you all!





Comments

  1. That is SO cool that you got to see the Dead Sea Scrolls!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment